Monday 16 February 2015

Cantonese new year eve dinner

what will be serve on the table for new year eve?
this  is the family gathering dinner. people will come home and have dinner with family members. some migrant workers travel half of the county to get home is for the family gathering and share happiness on the dinner.  Chicken and fish are must have. it doesn't matter how you cook these materials, they must be on the list.  Cantonese just love chicken, even during the time of  H5N1. as to fish, fish symbolise savings. Chinese are the nation that likes to save money.

in my family, my uncle is the chef. although nowadays many family are more like to have the dinner in restaurants, my family still like to have it at home.as my father want to have more time to chat with other family members. my grandma has 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls. married girls must have dinner with their husbands family. so, every year, i will have the dinner with my parent my brother, grandma and my other 2 uncles' family. my uncle will cook soya source chicken, steam fish, three cups goose, these are his signature works. and also some other food. these year. but this year, i will not stay home for new year,  I miss all those food. uncle only cook them on big festivals.


No comments:

Post a Comment