Friday 20 February 2015

my Mosuo new year !

I live in a Mosuo family recently, they are matriarchal society. they are a 4 people family: mother, and her 3 sons. the eldest son is an honest, gentle and good looking guy.he officially take charge of the village fairs. the second son is a owner of a BBQ restaurant, he has a long hair and romantic personality. the youngest son is a Buddhist monk, he is sunshine like young fellow. The mother is about 70 years old,always wear traditional clothes.she is a happy old lady,she is kind, clam, and polite. smile is always on her face, when she stay with her sons, you can tell that is her most happiness moment, which you can tell from the winkle of her happy eye.

the family own a guest house, which were newly built few years ago. while the family members live in the traditional house and still live the traditional way of live, and that is the culture what they want to keep and pass on. 





It is a happy family, living with them for about a week, and i can feel the love and warm in the family. Although I am a guest here, but they never made me feel as an outsider. I call the mother 'Ah Ma'( mother) and her sons 'gege' ( brother) . I was told,t he Mosuo society, all the family members should live together, and elderlies are respected not only their own parent but also seniors from other family. single senior will always be taken care of in the society. 




I hope i can be such harmony with my mum. I love her too, but sometimes she requires too much and worry too much about me... it is good to spend a new year with such a happy family, and get inspiration of how to communicate with mum.

the guest house are the most well facilitated guest house, and you can also experience the traditional Mosuo family culture by living here. 










meals are included with the room fee.


    booking : http://wx.miot.cn/i-3492?from=timeline&isappinstalled=1

they currently don't have english website
 

No comments:

Post a Comment